Is this really love? Do you think you’re in love? Could this be the one? Ask yourself these simple questions:
- Is this really Love? Does this person add to me as a person, or does he or she drain me or take something from me?
- Am I happier with this person in my life, or unhappy?
This can work in many ways—Does she complete me or deplete me?
- Is this really love? Does he build me up or destroy my self-image?
- Does she help support me–add to the household income or drain my bank account?
Does he make me feel pretty or ugly and useless?
Does she try to change me to fit her mold?
Is this really love? Does he like and admire me the way I am?
If you are already feeling stressed and unattractive because of your relationship, what will happen in one year, ten years?
- Is the one you love trying to isolate you from your friends or family? Did you know that this is a form of abuse?
- Is there other abusive behavior? Is there name calling, or physical harm? If you are experiencing abuse, it won’t get better, no matter what kind of promises he makes.
- Is she jealous? Does she trust you?
- Do you trust him?